25/05/2018

Thank Kew

A few weekends ago, we went to Kew Gardens to check out the just opened Temperate House that had been closed for a five year long refurbishment. It didn't disappoint! Originally built in 1860-63 it houses 10 000 plants, some of which have been grown from seed. It's going to be so interesting to see how much everything will grow over the next few decades. We went on the very warm and sunny Bank Holiday Monday, and there were long queues to get in, but as Kew Gardens is so huge (121 hectares/300 acres) it was really easy to lose the crowds. I know I go on about it in every post I write about it, but Kew is just brilliant, and I really enjoy going there at different times of the year. Can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos, given me ideas about what to do this weekend with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear F., Kew is brilliant I confirm. Great pictures as always.
    I loved The Hive so much and I can't wait to go back in June and visit the Temperate House <3 Pekiye

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.