22/11/2014

On the street

The other day I took out my phone to capture the light after a rain shower, and as I pulled it up out of my pocket, I saw the man in the hat walk towards me. He looked so dapper and out of place, and I got all excited and waited for him to pass. It was only when I looked on the screen afterwards that I saw that I had travelled in time, and to another place. It was like a Saul Leiter or a Vivien Maier picture had somehow made it onto my phone out of nowhere, except with modern cars in the background. And even though I'd never wear a hat myself, I wish more people would - they're so damn photogenic.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Famapa, this is a great photograph, it immediately made me want to go for walk with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this image ! Only "shadow" of man in hat and light contour - love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh, ljuset. Och hatten! Det får bli mitt nyvårslöfte, mer hatt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.