09/06/2011

Pentax to the max



I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to xmas shopping I always end up getting myself something too. Well, last xmas I started checking eBay for a Pentax MX (seeing Sandra's film pics I knew I had to get my hands on one) and eventually won an auction (oh the adrenaline!). However, one of the drawbacks of having several cameras is that it's easy to let one sit on the shelf collecting dust - even if you've just got it. So when I couldn't shoot digi last week (see previous post) I knew what had to be done. I used a roll of Ferrania Solaris 200 which came out really yellow (lab's fault? the camera's? expired film? I didn't have the box for it) which I think is a shame. Anyway, these shots are from Busaba Eathai, Tate Modern and the Rose Garden in Regent's Park. I didn't mean to catch the couple in the first picture in such a private moment but they just happened to kiss when I got the focus and the exposure right :)

9 comments:

  1. These are nice! Love the first one. I'm the opposite, when I can't use film I crank out my digital. I have a good SLR too, I just find it so technical, so it collects a bit of dust on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pentax k1000 has a roll of film in it from months and months ago. i need to finish it and see what surprises await!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out beautifully...
    Can't wait for more!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if that couple will ever know that they made it into such a beautiful shot. Perhaps one day they will stumble across it and think those figures look familiar. Perhaps not.

    Stopping by to say hi... and wishing you happy summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless by that first shot, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like those ! I want a Pentax MX too now ! I'm kidding but the pictures have such a thing, very lovely. Happy week end F !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first shot is so beautiful, and even moreso because it happened so randomly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful! how i adore my pentax :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.