11/04/2008

A modernist delight in NW3





After our shopping and breakfasting yesterday me and the sis went to Hampstead for a guided tour of 2 Willow Rd, a house built in 1939 by Erno Goldfinger (the architect of Trellick Tower in west London). It's a gorgeous building with amazing views of the Heath on one side of the building and a row of gardens on the other. I got acute house envy and was pretty frustrated over the fact that no photography was allowed. I bought a postcard pack with pictures by Simon Svard so you can see a little bit more of it. There's also a better exterior pic here.

4 comments:

  1. how brilliant. I've always wanted to go there. I live near his metro central heights - in fact a friend lives in it - and I find his work really interesting. I must get myself on one of those tours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you'll love it, I've walked past this house so many times and finally got my act together and went. It's a fascinating place and it's brilliant to see their art collection too (Duchamp, Man Ray, Henry Moore, Bridget Riley etc etc) just up on the walls like that. Gogogo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photographs. They give me the traveling itch. Not to mention stomach grumbles. Black sticky rice and mango is sooo tastey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks charrow! traveling's the best isn't it?! well, for now I'll have to travel the world by food which is not that bad a compromise.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.